We couldn't find any results
- Use different keywords
- Double check your spelling
- Start with something less specific - you can refine your search results later
- Try changing some of your filters below:
Radium PCV Line Oil Catch Can
2013+ FR-S / BRZ / 86
Ships for free in the 48 states
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold. The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reusable.
BENEFITS OF A RADIUM CATCH CAN:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
Radium engineers have strategically located the catch cans for compatibility with both Right Hand Drive (RHD) and Left Hand Drive (LHD) "86" model variations. Some brake clearance is necessary on RHD installations. Both of these kits are also compatible with all current aftermarket forced induction kits. Mounting is done using factory holes. No cutting, drilling or permanent modification to the vehicle is required.
This does NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus is emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors into the cabin.
Each kit includes:
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium laser cut powder coated "86" specific mounting brackets
- Anodized aluminum -8AN hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough 1/2" PCV rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Barb hose adapter
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
The "PCV Valve" kit mounts on the right side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 3/8" PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: Because the Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for boosted applications as well so connecting to the intake manifold is permitted.
PETCOCK DRAIN KIT
- Anodized -4AN O-ring barbed fitting
- Nylon 1/4" barb mini ball valve
- 6ft high temperature rated 1/4" rubber hose
This kit, sold separately, can be used to remotely drain the catch cans without the need to unscrew the canister body. Dual setup includes two!
|Additional Warranty Information||None|
Radium PCV Line Oil Catch Can / 0101-BUNDLE-PARENT Fits
1 customer review
Must have for any car driven hard or FI
I bought this initially as a supporting mod to go turbo someday, I figured I may as well get it out of the way. Didn't have a drop in it all winter, all spring. I put the summer tires on and have her a real flogging on an uphill mountain road, up and down, driving hard to and from everywhere I went that day. Next day, there was a teaspoon in the catch can. That alone justifies this purchase, but now I'm upset the car went without it for 33,000 miles..