We couldn't find any results
- Use different keywords
- Double check your spelling
- Start with something less specific - you can refine your search results later
- Try changing some of your filters below:
Radium Dual Oil Catch Can Kit
- 2013+ FR-S / BRZ / 86
Ships for free in the 48 states
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold. The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reusable.
BENEFITS OF A RADIUM CATCH CAN:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
Radium engineers have strategically located the catch cans for compatibility with both Right Hand Drive (RHD) and Left Hand Drive (LHD) "86" model variations. Some brake clearance is necessary on RHD installations. Both of these kits are also compatible with all current aftermarket forced induction kits. Mounting is done using factory holes. No cutting, drilling or permanent modification to the vehicle is required.
These two oil catch cans are completely independent of each other. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors into the cabin.
Each kit includes:
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium laser cut powder coated "86" specific mounting brackets
- Anodized aluminum -8AN hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough 1/2" PCV rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Barb hose adapter
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
The "Crankcase Vent" kit mounts on the left side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 1/2" breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe. If the engine is turbocharged or supercharged and you are finding oil accumulation stuck in the intercooler, this catch can is a necessity as oil will lower the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchange process.
The "PCV Valve" kit mounts on the right side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 3/8" PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: Because the Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for boosted applications as well so connecting to the intake manifold is permitted.
For the ultimate in engine protection, Radium recommends the "Dual Catch Can Kit" which utilizes both the "Crankcase Vent" and "PCV Valve" catch can kits, as shown below.
PETCOCK DRAIN KIT
- Anodized -4AN O-ring barbed fitting
- Nylon 1/4" barb mini ball valve
- 6ft high temperature rated 1/4" rubber hose
This kit, sold separately, can be used to remotely drain the catch cans without the need to unscrew the canister body. Dual setup includes two!
FitsScion FR-S Radium Dual Oil Catch Can Kit
Scion FRS Radium Dual Oil Catch Can Kit
Subaru BRZ Radium Dual Oil Catch Can Kit
Toyota GT-86 Radium Dual Oil Catch Can Kit
|Additional Warranty Information||None|
This Part Fits
0 customer reviews
Upload images for this product
Feel free to share pictures of your vehicle with this product!